How to Own Your Taxes
Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. on March 26th!
This workshop takes a deep, non-judgemental dive into all things tax for your creative practice. It doesn’t matter which medium you work in, be it visual arts, music, sound design, or fashion; if you are a creative entrepreneur who wants to get on top of their taxes this year, this workshop is for you!
What will be different for me after the session?
- Confidence to organize and tackle your personal taxes
- Insight into the range of expenses you can claim
- Clarity on the difference between employment and self-employment income
- Identification of the who, what, and where of HST taxes and HST tax returns
- Understanding what it means to have a corporation and file corporate taxes
- Opportunities to strategize time management in correspondence to key tax filing deadlines
About the Facilitator
Neha Kohli is a comedian, actress, and writer as well as a Chartered Professional Accountant. Neha is a graduate of The Second City’s Conservatory Program as well as a recipient of the 2018 Diversity Fellowship which is awarded by The Second City to the 15 brightest new, diverse voices in comedy. She has appeared on The Second City Toronto’s Mainstage in the student shows “It’s Funny Because it’s Trudeau” and “Wack Mirror.” Neha co-wrote and starred in the Luminari ad I Am A CPA (Rant) and has appeared in ads for The Real Canadian Superstore. Neha currently teaches for the Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants and is a Professor in The Business School at Centennial College. She has founded her own tax consulting practice, which specializes in tax consulting for entertainers. Neha is passionate about entrepreneurship, the arts, community building, and cilantro.
Unless otherwise specified, workshop registration fees and/or tickets are not eligible for refunds after purchase.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts. Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien.