Hear 2 Heal
In celebration of International Women's Month, WIPP and Artscape Daniels Launchpad present HEAR2HEAL.
HEAR: A line-up of poets perform spoken word followed by a sound bath by @theonlyalexandria.
Sound Therapy is effective in not only achieving a state of relaxation but it also has a way of moving through blockages in the body. Sound Therapy has been known to help treat such conditions as stress, anxiety, high blood pressure, depression, sleep disorders, and pain.
HEAL: Talented performers will share pieces based on their own healing experiences. Themes may include healing depression, trauma, mental health, addiction.
This evening is designed to Relate to one another and Reconnect -- OFFLINE.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to Stella's Place. Stella’s is the place for young adults (age 16-29) with mental health needs in the Greater Toronto Area. Stella's provides comprehensive mental health services in a positive, peer engaging, non-residential community setting. These include:
- Comprehensive, integrated assessment and clinical treatment services
- Clinically proven individual and group therapies
- Access to Peer Supporters and Navigation
- Creative arts (visual, drama, writing, open mic nights)
- Fitness & wellness programs
- Online peer support services (Bean Bag Chat)
- Vocational and educational support and planning
WIPP (Women Inspiring Passion and Purpose) was founded in 2015 for women looking to discover their purpose and passion. Founded by creative entrepreneur Bianca Harris, WIPP has grown to be Toronto's coolest empowerment brand.