A short course to help guide creative entrepreneurs with the development of their concepts and companies.
November 11th - Commercial Strategy
Creative entrepreneurs must find a way to generate income from their art. This workshop explores the various ways creative businesses can develop a commercial offering to consumers and sustainable business models.
- Creative business model basics.
- How to price your product & services to generate profit sustainably.
- Frameworks to test and explore the viability of potential revenue streams.
- What to look for in partnerships to maximize the value for your business.
November 18th - Content Strategy
In order to tell your brand’s story, you need to make content that matters. This workshop provides participants with the necessary frameworks and tools to help tell their story and connect with target audiences through creative content.
- Content strategies used by leading creative agencies and brands.
- Case Studies of best-performing brands operating in creative categories.
- Tools + Techniques used to create and share content at scale.
- Templates to develop an easy to maintain a content strategy that scales with your business.
November 25th - E-Commerce
As more businesses continue to shift their focus towards E-Commerce, it has become prerequisite to building a successful business. This workshop covers the platforms, approaches and tools available to creative entrepreneurs to sell their products and services online.
- Platforms: Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace, which one you should use based on the needs of your business.
- Collecting consumer data to reconnect with and convert potential customers.
- Plug-ins and tools to help manage your online store.
- Strategies and tactics to convert your followers into customers.
About the Instructor
Mike Breen is an entrepreneur, brand strategist, and digital creative. Having graduated with a B.Sc. Marketing, Innovation & Technology and implementing progressive strategies for a number of industry-leading digital media companies, he joined bold. studios, an award-winning creative brand, and studio as Digital Director in 2017.
His role at the studio involves defining the mission + value propositions of clients, understanding the forces influencing consumer decisions within the marketplace, and sharing stories that resonate with target audiences through creative content to drive E-Commerce growth. Working with bold.`s production team, he has had the opportunity to work with countless startups, scale-ups as well as shaping the stories of major global brands such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Jameson, Red Bull, Allianz, Proximo Spirits, and many more.
His latest venture ALLSORTS_ is a new world cultural consultancy that leverages strategic think, proprietary technology + global network of creative consultants to help brands form meaningful connections with the sub-cultures to aspire to live within. The new project aims to disrupt the advertising industry and redistribute wasted advertising budgets into the communities brands are striving to connect with.
General Admission - $75 + tax
Member Admission - $25 +tax
Full Series - $150 + tax
Join Zoom Meeting
The zoom link and password will be sent in your ticket. Please make sure to check your email.
Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the group’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts. Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien.