We’re all coming back together for in-person conferences, pitch competitions, and meetups. It’s amazing, isn’t it? Actual people, face to face, the energy, the … wait a sec. How do you even GREET people anymore?
If you’re like most of us, networking events were always a bit awkward for you, but now they’re downright painful. Covid lockdowns kept us apart for 2 years, and re-integration is a difficult process.
Come to our Networking Event, hosted by OutLoud Speakers School and Artscape, where we’ll work through the awkwardness together, by discussing it, doing warm ups and icebreakers, and roleplaying to figure out real strategies for making better quality connections at live events.
This 2-hour event will feature:
• A brief presentation on communication skills and the “social pitch” from Will Greenblatt, CEO of OutLoud
• A WARM UP to get everyone loose and ready to talk
• Speed Networking, where everyone will talk to another person for 60 seconds before switching
• Live roleplay of common networking interactions, with coaching from Will • Group discussion on how to manage anxiety, feeling fake, disliking transactional conversations, and how to talk about yourself without wanting to vomit
• PLUS some time to actually network, and APPLY the skills you’ve learned while meeting other entrepreneurs and business professionals in Toronto
We’re here to help the business community get back on its feet and in each other’s faces again!
Spots are limited, so sign up today!
Will Greenblatt has been acting professionally since he was seven years old. He worked consistently throughout his childhood and decided to go to acting school to hone his craft. He graduated from the National Theatre School of Canada in 2010, but the toxic environment of the program left him jaded, so he quit acting. He moved to Spain where he discovered his love for teaching English, and then dived into the world of entrepreneurship, co-founding the Executive Coaching company Westgroup Ltd. in Hangzhou China, before coming back to Canada and co-founding OutLoud Speakers School. As CEO and founder of OutLoud, he has coached organizations in Canada, US, Mexico and China, and repeatedly spoken and coached at Google, Wayfair, TechStars, DMZ, EO and Ericsson, as well as providing coaching to over 3000 people virtually worldwide. OutLoud’s clients have won numerous pitch competitions and raised over $200 million USD in investment.
$30 for non-members / Free for members
Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the group’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser.